1. Connect: LifePoint Adults, Connection Events, Campaigns
2. Grow: Spiritual Health Survey, Christ Centered Journey, Gender-based Huddles
3. Live Sent: Test Drives, Service opportunities, Mission experiences
- “LifePoint Adults” area: Lifepoint Adults is the place for information on small groups, adult ministries, leader resources and Christ Centered Journey resources. On average we have the opportunity to talk with four new families a week seeking to connect to a small group. Volunteers work the area on a rotation basis, with help from SG Leaders who are looking to add people to their groups. People who we are unable to connect immediately are invited to attend “Connections Class.” Connections is an opportunity for you to study God’s Word with other adults at LifePoint Church while building relationships in hopes of starting a SG. The class itself varies in size and content from week to week but the overall purpose remains the same, connect people to God, His Word and each other.
- Connection Events: This is our version of GroupLink . Each fall and spring we display the open and new small groups in our main foyer. People looking to connect to a group can browse the listings, talk with leaders and GroupLife team members to discuss group options. Then attend an event in which they choose which group to commit to a group for six weeks as well as conduct the first session of our 6-week study.
- Create New Groups for Campaigns: “People like to connect to something new,” @reidsmith. In order to focus the entire church on community & Bible study, twice a year we launch new groups via a Sermon & Small Group Campaign. Promotion begins about 6-8 weeks prior to the launch with a call from stage for new small group leaders with our Pastor’s question: “Are you interested in being interested in starting a small group?” @pathood Next, we offer a 6-week Leadership Camp for training on meetings and disciple making. (Various ideas exist on how much training to do before starting a group. Adapt this information to your situation. See Epiphany: Progression of a Small Group Leader for our experience.) Here is a brief video on our Camp: Develop Your Leaders
In the end we focus on building relationships, whether it is getting connected at Connection event, via LifePoint Adults or joining a new group in a Campaign. Relationships are the key to transparency, which comes from time together and building trust. And transparency is key in making disciples.